I’ve been wanting to get back into dressmaking again for a while. My husband joined forces with my family on my last birthday and bought me a dressmaker’s mannequin. Whilst I completed my nursing training and embarked upon my first nursing job, it sat unused. I’d walk past the spare room and plan what I was going to make but never quite find the time! Anyway, to cut a long (and boring) story short, eventually I found some time!!
It had been 15 years or so since I had done any dressmaking so I wanted to start with something simple. Having bought the first Great British Sewing Bee book when the fist series was on TV, and some pretty floral cotton from Croft Mill I decided to make the simple tunic with the zip at the back. To be honest, I didn’t find it as simple as I had expected perhaps because I was out of practice! I struggled to make the zip look neat and the arm holes were really tricky. But the result isn’t too bad. And the birthday mannequin worked out just fine!
I’m not sure I’d make the pattern again but with the sun out and in keeping with #MeMadeMay I shall be wearing it today!